Monday, August 19, 2013

nudeu kimbap

Alright, so last night I was feeling adventurous for work and I took a huge trip (across the street) ON MY OWN!!!! Shocked? Awed? You should be ;) I went to this Kimbap restaurant that Kim and Chris recommended to me saying that it was cheap, good, and the employees are incredibly nice. And they were right! I was greeted at the door by two older korean ladies who smiled at me and said hello. They even went to the menu with me to help me order. I did my best korean and they laughed loudly when they heard me speaking korean! (I was there a few days ago with Chris and our roommate and I couldn't say anything or read or even know what anything was that they set in front of me. So last night I ordered nudeu kimbap, a delicious type of sushi with crab meat, carrots, kimchi, and mayo wrapped in seaweed and rice! It was phenomenal and only cost me $2.30 for an entire roll (about 10 slices)!


Oh, and I also got a drink called Sunny 10 Blast that tasted kind of like a fizzy lemon water. It was pretty good. But all in all, I got a delicious and filling meal for about $3.20!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, That is awesome. One of the things I think about the most when I read things like this is how awesome the kindness of strangers can be in any situation. Everyday we rely on the kindness of strangers. They very rarely let people down. For me, having you so far away, it is nice to know that you can make it to the restaurant on your own (so far away :) ) and that these two women were kind to you and for very little money!! I love the picture TOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude is licking my screen...I think he wants to eat your roll

    ReplyDelete
  3. This actually looks like something I want to try!! Glad it's close by!

    ReplyDelete